Monday, March 8, 2010

Kyle and Beth Plus One

That's right.....I'm pregnant and we're excited to be adding a new addition to the Schlosser household :) I haven't blogged since shortly before we found out because it just seemed fake to write about everything other than what I was thinking about every minute :) So now the news is out and I'm happy to answer your questions..........

"When are you due?"-- at this point our date is September 13th!!
"Are you going to find out what you're having?"-- Nope! I'm sure it will drive my little planner brain crazy but I think it will be a wonderful surprise to wait for!
"How are you feeling?" (<-- with head tipped to side in a concerned way)-- I'm starting to feel a LOT better now. I was pretty tired and nauseated weeks 5 through 12 but I'm definitely starting to feel like myself again. I'm thinking I wasn't nearly as sick as a lot of people get so I'm thankful for that!
"How far along are you?"-- 13 weeks this week.....27 to go!!
"Do you have a name picked out?"-- Yes! We have a few names picked out!
"Will you tell us?"-- No :)
"How will you decorate your nursery?"-- it's crazy how many times I've been asked this :) At this point I think we'll paint it, put some stuff on the walls, and stock with all the essentials we'll hopefully have acquired by then........I doubt we'll do a theme. :)

Well....those are the top questions I've been asked so far :) We're planning to give birth at MorningStar Birth Center. This is very close to where Kyle's parents live. We chose this option because giving birth is a very personal experience and it means a lot to us to have our caregivers be people that we've gotten to know over 9 months of preparation. We are also excited about the calm, safe, homelike environment that the birth center offers. I'm sure you'll hear more than you want to about the birth plan as time goes on but if you'd like to read more, here's a link to the birth center's website:


So that's our big news friends! Other than that........we've been doing life as usual! We're making a point to really enjoy our time left as "just the two of us" and we started this off with a weekend away this month. We stayed for 3 days in a cabin on Lake Superior (pics on facebook) and had a fabulous, relaxing time! We're very excited for spring and hoping no more snow comes our way before then.......either way, it's almost here. Almost time for sunshine, flowers blooming, grilling out, walks.....ahh, I'm happy just thinking about it!!


Godstop:

I've been so thankful to God these last months for this new blessing in our life. I've gone through different periods or moments of anxiety about different things relating to this but keep coming back to rest in God's promises and attributes.......
He is mighty (if he can raise Jesus from the dead, surely he can watch over me and my family)
He is good (he promises to work all things for good for those who believe)
He has ALWAYS been faithful to me (looking over the stepping stones of my life...he's there)
He is sovereign (no matter what happens in life (good, bad, or devastating)....we bend our knee to his will and know that he has each of our days in his hands, loves us, and is in control....and we rest in him even when we do not understand)
He saves! (because I have confessed that I am a sinner and asked Jesus into my life.....I KNOW that when I die I will go to heaven (simple, isn't it!)......this allows me to lay my worries down).


If you've read this far...what a dear friend you are. I guess it IS my blog so I can write as long as I like :)

Have a blessed week and thank you for sharing in this blessing with us!

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

    I love you friend! I hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete