Thursday, July 21, 2011

Who am I kidding.......

Sorry that the blog is now 'updates on ilsa' .....but let's face it.....she's our life currently :) I will update on us as well at the end :) Snookie (as I affectionately call her) is very mobile now and in to everything....or on 'cruise control' as Knelly would put it :) Standing holding on to something at every opportunity. She is also crawling "normally" now. We weren't the least bit worried about her worm-style crawl and thought maybe it was a sign of things to come (not giving in to peer pressure, embracing her individuality, etc) but I guess not :) She loves jabbering away, eating paper, crawling all over the house to see what she can get in to, avocados, spinach, and yogurt, waking up at night to check on mommy & daddy, rides in the stroller, going swimming with mommy, going to the park, and when she hears the door open and daddy comes home :) She does NOT love going to nap or bed, oatmeal, falling down, or being confined (to the exersaucer or your lap or whatever). The newest and cutest is that she starts to clap and move to the beat when music is turned on :) I can only hope she will have more rythm and better dancing skills than either Kyle or I :) I'll post a bunch of pics to 'the facebook' (<--as my grandma calls it) today hopefully :)


Our first and now second camping trips were moderately successful. The first in June to Hok si La near Lake City and this past weekend to the North shore near Lutsen. I realized that what I always loved about camping (hiking, sitting by the fire reading for hours, long afternoon naps) is a bit harder now with Ilsa. We had rain on both trips (shocker I know!-- as of yet, we've never been camping without rain)....which is also harder on Ilsa because she get's locked in the tent. But we did enjoy some great outdoor time to enjoy the Creator's work. We did get away from the distraction of everyday life. The hiking pack we bought for Ilsa worked great so we did get out on a few hikes. Hopefully Ilsa loves the lake as much as we do. She even got to dip her toes into the ice cold water and wasn't nearly as wimpy as I was about it :)

Kyle and I have just been keepin on. Family life, work, house projects. I love what a friend wrote on her blog today :

"I am also writing this to remind my self that nothing will ever be perfect. Nothing will ever be “done”. But everything, and everyone, is beautiful."

http://farmovation.com/2011/07/21/little-ones-little-things-amazing-grace/

Love that heart!

In other news......

Kyle and I have decided to return permanently to the church I attended before we were married. We have been feeling pulled back the past few months and finally made a decision. Pray for a smooth transition if you think of it.

You can also send up a prayer for my uncle......he's in his 50's and has a pretty serious heart condition. He's been in and out of the hospital this past year and has had a lot of other life stressors the past 5 years or so. He is set to have a procedure this week I think..... hoping he can get back on the road to rehabilitation and better health. The burden on your life and spirit is immense when things are not right with your body.

Until next time.......stay cool and love the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment