Saturday, April 3, 2010

What a wonderful day....

It's 10:39 pm, Saturday evening. Kyle is out with the boys watching basketball. I just finished watching Julie & Julia-- loved it!!
It's been a great day! Started off with waking without an alarm clock blaring, the realization that it was Saturday and there wasn't anything that I HAD to do, and beautiful sunshine coming through the window! I had been wanting to do a little shopping so decided this was the day to do it. I've been starting to feel a bit frumpy and decided it was time for a few new clothes to accent the new baby bump and make me feel pretty again :) Thank you to everyone I saw today that said I looked great (Amber, Knelly, Chinwe.... )... I heart you :) So 3 stores (+ a trip to Inta Juice) and 2 hours later I returned with 4 new clothing items, 1 gallon of paint, and 4 yards of fabric (ok so these last two didn't have anything to do with the baby bump :)
Then we were off to Fiona's 7th birthday (our dear friends little girl). We had a great lunch, an EXCELLENT birthday cake, and a fun time celebrating with everyone!
After lunch I came home to make my cupcakes that I'm to take to Easter dinner tomorrow. You would think that after a few years in the kitchen I wouldn't make silly mistakes ...........hehe I wish. I was to add 1 1/2 cup flour and so I took out a 1/2 cup measure and put three 1/2 cups into the mix = 1 1/2 cups, yes? Only to find when I was cleaning up that there was no 1/2 cup out on the counter!?? So.....I surmised that I used a 1/3 cup instead of a 1/2 cup and added 1 cup instead of 1 1/2 cups flour to cupcakes. Hmmmmm.....what would Julia Childs do??? Never apologize or make excuses.......... tasted them, frosted them up, and will take them tomorrow :)
After I tore Kyle away from working in the basement (he's marvelous btw), we were off for another birthday party. This time to celebrate the 30th birthday of my girlfriend Miriam. It was a surprise party and such fun to see her expression :)
After this I dropped Kyle off to hang with the guys & came home only to find I was pooped and wanted nothing more than to curl up in the chair. I read the last 7 chapters of Matthew and then started the movie.......... a must see ladies ;)


Godstop:
As we prepare to celebrate Easter tomorrow.....I'm filled with anticipation. Since committing my life to Christ, Easter has been one of my favorite days of the year! What joy, what excitement, what amazement........the Risen Lord! Can you even begin to imagine the reaction of the disciples when they learned that Jesus had risen from the dead? Everything Jesus had said to them suddenly making perfect sense! The crazy realization of the true meaning of the gospel they were preaching. How thankful I am that Jesus chose to die for my and each of our sins......that God rose him from the dead into everlasting life....that he promised if we confess our sins and ask Jesus into our life, then we would be raised to everlasting life in heaven as well!!!!! He could have backed out you know.....and he would have been fully justified in doing so....probably all of us would have backed out. But he was perfect and perfectly loving and demonstrated the purest form of God's grace.........an undeserved free gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment