Hello friends! Praying that you're all getting ready for a wonderful weekend as I am :) We have been blessed with this beautiful spring, but I think the rain might be coming this weekend....all is well though, it will green everything up :)
Speaking of spring...most of you know that I've found a wonderful new interest in my flower garden. My mother in law helped us set it up with starter plants, etc and now we've extended the flower bed and done a lot more planting......this spring it has been wonderful to see all of the new and old getting started for the year :) I have lovely new hot pink, light pink & white, yellow & red, and purple/black tulips :)
I've been working on the diaper bag once or twice a month when we visit Kyle's parents...hoping to finish that soon and will post pics. This week I've been working on burp cloths :)
Let's see.....what other hobbies do I have....oh yes, I'm curing a batch of soap that I made a new recipe for. I'm trying to make a little harder bar that lasts a bit longer so I experimented with shea butter in the bar and will see how it comes out. Card making & crocheting are on back burner although I do have projects for both that need working on at some point.
I was motivated by the Julie&Julia movie to make a few new recipes so last week I made a Beef Curry and Gnocchi with Ragu.....both were different for us and good :)
So when my coworkers ask what I do since I only work part-time......... mostly housework and hobby stuff. Taking advantage now because I'm guessing being a mom might limit the hobby time :)
My wonderful husband has mostly been working at work and then working at home :) He finished the wiring this week and got the basement cleaned out (seriously....you guys will not believe our basement-- not a tool or scrap to be found!).....passed inspection this morning.....drywall to begin within the week!!!! I suppose DIY work on the house is kind of like a hobby..... :) He takes such good care of me and has done such a GREAT job making this a lovely home!!!
We've been praying about finding the right place to connect at our new church (if attending there for 1 1/2 years is in fact new)....... last week we committed to joining a weekly small group called First Principles. If you think of it...pray for us that we both keep growing in the work God started in us-- becoming more like Christ.....also pray that we would have good attitudes and continue to try to make Christ the center of our marriage and home :)
A good friend of a good friend had a beautiful little boy this past week......it was great to visit them and see just how tiny and precious he is :) How good is our God!!!!! Congrats Ambria & welcome baby Nelson :)
Well ......that's the news here. Have a great weekend!!
Godstop:
Titus 2: 3-5 "Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. 4Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, 5to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God."
No comments:
Post a Comment