I'm watching this movie at 12:54 am as I write this after an evening shift. My parents used to lament the fact that I loved this movie so much. I have to reluctantly admit.....it's not QUITE as funny as I used to think :) How could you not like a movie that gives such sound advice for life : "Take a vacation from your problems. "
I was asked on more than one occasion today what was on my Christmas list. If you have to actually sit and think of what you could possibly need....it's probably a good indicator that you have too much stuff and don't need a thing. That could be the boat I'm in. There's never a good way to reject all the crazy gift buying though unless you can get your family on board. You can simplify within your own home but then there's always parents and grandparents etc that will never go for it. Suggestions: make a 1 gift limit, draw names instead of buying for everyone, make a rule that all gifts must be handmade, donate your gift money to church or a cause you all care about, pool your gift money as a family and plan a small trip together to have some quality time. What do you think Mom??!!
My egg timer let me down!! I have this great gadget for perfectly hard boiling eggs. It's made of glass and you drop it in your boiling water as you drop the eggs in and when it turns purple you know your eggs are hard boiled. Well, yesterday for the first time ever, my eggs were not perfect :( Do these things wear out??? I've always used it, my moms always used it, her moms always used it...........I mean, how can this happen?!
This past weekend we went up to the cabin with two other couples and had a great time!!! The guys fished for muskees and pan fish.......with no luck :( The girls talked, walked, crocheted/knitted, watched movies, and cooked for the boys :) The leaves were just BEAUTIFUL...all reds and yellows :) We had fun watching the Packer and Vikings games with fans of both! Tommy (14 mos) was all smiles and laughs and great entertainment :) We even fit in a lively game of spoons with a game of chubby bunny to choose the winner!!!!!
Godstop:
How GREAT is our GOD!!!! Beautiful sunrises, changing leaves, cool breezes, genuine smiles from people in pain, a hug after a disagreement, a friend that really cares, traditions, the wedding of two believers.........God is so faithful and if we ask to be filled with His Spirit, oh how we will experience Him; He leaves signs for us at every turn!
No comments:
Post a Comment