Monday, October 12, 2009

Back to real life......

It had to happen. We both knew it would. You never know what it feels like until it happens to you. People try to comfort you, but you know they don't really feel bad for you. You look at the pictures of good times gone by and shed a tear. You try to make yourself feel better by putting together a photo book and eating halloween candy.......

Um....so yeah, vacation is over and we're back to life and work :) We've spent this week getting back into the swing of things....work, laundry, cooking, football :) We went to a beautiful wedding on Friday night....Congrats Mel & David!!!! Lovely fall colors and the whole crew was back together so that was great fun :) Kyle's work has sucked him back in unfortunately.....he was funny after his first day back to work.... "yeah everyone is a little stressed out....it's almost like they haven't just had 3 weeks off work"  :)  While it's hard to go back after such a nice little break, we are just so thankful to both have jobs that we enjoy and are good at to provide for our little family. 

Godstop: 

Kyle and I decided a bit ago that the next thing we would study together would be Isaiah. Finally this week we started reading chapters 1-4. I just keep thinking this week what it was like and will be like for those that God turns his hand against.....how SCARY!! How are people NOT afraid of God and hell??? Even if you don't believe.......doesn't some little tiny inkling inside you wonder if all the people you know aren't just crazy or weak or lying to themselves and just maybe there is a God and heaven and hell and the whole bit........I mean what if you're wrong and hell is where you go if you never put your faith in Jesus???? I mean what if you die and find out that all of your good deeds aren't really what mattered in life or you find out that you didn't just cease to exist.....and your standing before God to answer for yourself????  Don't take that chance. 
Now that I've thoroughly gotten creeped out just thinking about all that........... I'm ever so thankful that Jesus died for ALL of my sins, that all I had to do was ask him to forgive me and come into my life, and that I get to KNOW I'm going to heaven when I die!!!!  Praise for that!!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment