Saturday, November 6, 2010

Someone has to be in that percentage..........



Only 2 percent of babies are born breech....
Only 0.004 percent of babies are born with hip dysplasia...

Odds like that used to be reassuring to me.....now I know that someone has to fall into those percentages. Unfortunately, for my sweet little one...she's one of them. We found out this week that Ilsa has ultrasonic hip dysplasia on both sides. We met with an orthopedic surgeon and Ilsa was fitted into a Pavlik harness. She'll probably stay in this for at least 6 weeks. Risks for this are first born girl, family history, and breech presentation....Ilsa has all of these risk factors. The first 3 days were pretty rough but she seems to be getting used to the harness a bit more. She's back to taking naps again today (after only being able to sleep while lying on my chest) and is generally more pleasant :)

One thing I know........the Lord is faithful. He is constant and promises never to leave us. I can look back at my life and see evidence of this at every turn and I can especially feel it lately. Even when life sucks......He is there. Run to him. Lay it down. Let him carry your burden.

If you think of it......pray that this is all the treatment Ilsa will need.

Blessings friends.....

1 comment:

  1. Im sorry to hear about your little one Beth. Hopefully just the brace will fix the problem. If you ever need to talk let me know, that is if you get the chance :) I know how it feels to have something go wrong when you werent expecting it.

    ReplyDelete