This is my favorite Christmas movie as well as what we're about to experience! Everyone is talking/facebook updating about how much snow we'll get this time and how the snow will likely affect their travel plans. Kyle is enjoying the weather however.....he's out ice-fishing today :) Maybe he'll bring me home some dinner..... :)
We've both been working and preparing for Christmas these last few weeks. We went out and finished the last bit of shopping last evening and I'll be wrapping it all up today :) Kyle and I are planning to spend Christmas Eve morning together with a big breakfast, bible reading, and gift opening.....then I work that evening. Christmas day..... Kyle is going to join me to volunteer at DDH and we're going to fix a pancake breakfast if all goes well :) ....then we'll drive back to WI to spend the day and weekend with the Schlossers :)
We spent this past weekend in Nebraska....early Christmas celebration with my family :) It always feels a little wierd to exchange gifts,etc without all the other Christmas festivities.....but was really nice to get home and see everyone. We had a shrimp boil and all saw a movie together on Fri night. We had munchies and invited aunts and uncles over on Saturday afternoon. Sat night we exchanged gifts and watched 'Elf" together (sadly, the only Christmas'y movie we could all agree on) :) ---ps... I made the scarf above for Mom :) Other than that we just hung around together. Mom helped me in a fierce battle against a knotted up skein of yarn.....in the end she rolled it into a beautiful ball for me :) I continued my reign as Wii skiing expert :) Kyle's work was still roaring so he worked a lot from the couch this weekend. I also got to see another of Alex's soccer games & see how they've improved over the last month....was also fun to go with just Dad and sit and chat with him :)
Well, have a wonderful Christmas friends!!!
"For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us....And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.... " Isaiah 9:6
No comments:
Post a Comment