Sunday, November 22, 2009

Beulah

We were home this last weekend for the funeral of Kyle's grandmother. Beulah was blessed with 94 years to live on this earth. It is neat for me to see the legacy of her and her husband that has been  passed down through the generations. From what I've observed and heard from the Schlosser family over the last few years, Beulah was a woman:  that taught her family to fear the Lord;  that was a good example of how to live a Christian life;  that raised 9 children and had time for them all;  that loved to write, paint, dance, and travel; that always had a jelly bean jar and cookie drawer waiting for the grandkids; that authored the many recipes in our family cookbook; that will be missed by her family.......

http://www.leadertelegram.com/obits/obit/article_0c735f45-b180-5d0b-a868-163f0fa30ac0.html


It's been a few weeks since I've 'blogged'. As always, just working and spending time around home. As I told everyone this weekend: 'nothing too exciting, and that's okay'  :)  I hosted a craft night last week-- a few of my girlfriends came over to work on projects and eat some yummy food. I also joined a 'Frugal Club' with a few of my girlfriends-- last week we made laundry detergent--always on the lookout for ways to make stuff and save money :) Kyle's been working a ton and working the in basement for relaxation :)  We had a lot of fun with all of Kyle's siblings home this weekend....doesn't happen too often !   I'm hoping to hit the stores and finish my Christmas shopping tomorrow....wish me luck :) We're heading to NE for Thanksgiving and looking forward to seeing the fam!!


Godstop: 

Another experience with death leaves me again thankful to Jesus for dying for my sins and for the assurance of heaven. Also feeling  encouraged  to live a life to bless the Lord. How sweet it must be to sit at the throne of grace and hear "job well done, good and faithful servant". 


No comments:

Post a Comment